How to Become a Travel Ninja (e-book review)
A few months ago, Chris Guillebeau released How to Become a Travel Ninja, a 39-page guide designed to help travellers save money.
In case you haven’t heard of Chris, here’s what you need to know: He’s on a mission to visit every country in the world in 5 years. He’s well on his way – over 100 countries have been ticked off the list – and flies over 40 times a year. In short, if you’re looking for an expert who can tell you how to travel more for less, Chris is your guy.
If you’re looking for an expert who can tell you how to travel more for less, Chris is your guy.
Travel Ninja is a welcome companion to The Unconventional Guide to Discount Airfare, Chris’ ebook about finding cheap (or free) airfare. There is a little overlap, but Travel Ninja has a wider scope and goes into more depth on a few topics. Here’s what it covers:
- How to reduce airfare surcharges and fees
- Tips on attaining elite status for major North American airlines
- The ins-and-outs of Round the World Travel
- Finding cheap (or free) accommodation
- How to get anywhere you want to go
- Troubleshooting solutions to common issues, including airline waitlists, arriving at a destination without a visa, travelling with mutliple airlines on the same itinerary and international dateline confusion
As with all of Chris’ ebooks, the design is impeccable and the writing is fluid and conversational. I read through it in one sitting, effortlessly, and came away with some solid advice and unique strategies for saving money on the road.
The ebook is available in two packages. Here’s what the Basic Package includes:
- The guide
- A spreadsheet showing how Chris tracks Frequent Flyer Miles, Credit Card Arbitrage, trip planning ideas, Round-theWorld prices and more
- A 30-minute audio Q&A session
If you go for the Complete Package, you get all of those things as well as:
- 7 Sample Round-the-World itineraries
- An extra audio session about travel hacking and frequent flyer maximization
Whichever version you go for, you’ll get 6 months of free updates and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Plus, if you quote TB at checkout, Chris will shave 10% off the price.
Editor’s note: This review contained affiliate links.
Other e-books written by travellers:
- How to Make Money with Your Travel Blog by Matt Kepnes
- How to Find Cheap Airline Tickets by Elizabeth Sanberg
- The Unconventional Guide to Working for Yourself by Chris Guillebeau
- The Unconventional Guide to Discount Airfare by Chris Guillebeau
- Travelling Europe: Indie Travel Guide by Craig Martin